12-Gauge Shotgun Round - Safety Warnings
12-Gauge Shotgun Round - Safety Warnings
WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE AND EXCESSIVE HEAT. Never fire at targets at ranges closer than 6 ft. as doing so could lead to physical injury to shooter or other persons in close proximity to target. Only target lower body parts (from the thorax and below) of a criminal aggressor. Never target the head and neck as doing so could cause serious permanent injury or death. To avoid serious injury: (1) use only with standard cylinder bore or improved cylinder choke 12-gauge shotguns. (2) use only ammunition in good condition; (3) use only in modern firearms in good condition, proof tested in accordance with industry standards and marked for use of this gauge and length shot shell; (4) ensure barrel is free from obstructions; in case of unusually light recoil or an unusually loud or weak sound during firing check barrel before loading another round; (5) wear eye and ear protection; (6) if gun fails to fire, avoid exposure to breech when unloading and point muzzle in a safe direction; keep firearm pointed in a safe direction at all times; (7) delayed discharge may occur if primer is struck; handle with caution, DO NOT DROP; (8) do not use these shells in guns with Damascus, twist steel, modified, and full rifled or choked barrels; (9) do not shoot at hard surfaces or water to prevent ricochet; (10) store in a cool dry place away from chemicals that contain ammonia; keep away from fire or excessive heat; do not submerge in water; and (11) Never attempt to modify, disassemble, tamper, alter or reload Byrna Less -Lethal Kinetic Shotgun shells. (13) DO NOT REUSE, REASSEMBLE, AND RECHARGE THE BYRNA LESS-LETHAL KINETIC SHOTGUN ROUND.
WARNING: Using BYRNA™ 12-gauge Less-Lethal Kinetic Shotgun Rounds could result in serious injury or death if used other than as instructed. Do not use BYRNA™ less-lethal ammunition in barrels with a modified or full choke and/or rifled barrels. Use only with cylinder bore and or improved cylinder choke shotguns.
CAUTION: Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms, or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Have adequate ventilation at all times. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and cold water after exposure.
12-Gauge Shotgun Round - FAQ's
What types of shotguns are compatible with the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?
All 12 gauge shotguns with a standard cylinder bore and improved cylinder bore choke can fire the Byrna 12 gauge rounds but the following shotguns have been extensively tested:
- Remington 870
- Mossberg 590
- Kel Tec KSG
- All 12 gauge shotguns with a standard cylinder bore and improved cylinder bore choke can fire the Byrna 12 gauge rounds but the following shotguns have been extensively tested:
How loud is the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition blast registration?
- < 117 decibels… 16 times quieter then a traditional shotgun blast and a similar report to our .68 caliber CO2 launchers. No hearing protection is required when shooting the Byrna 12 gauge rounds.
How much gunpowder does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition contain?
- The Byrna 12 gauge round contains no gunpowder and is powered only by a primer.
Does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition have any recoil?
- The Byrna 12 gauge rounds have almost no perceived recoil.
What is the effective range of the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?
- 100 feet
What safety precautions should be taken when handling the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?
As with any firearm, all normal firearm safety precautions should be taken:
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Treat every shotgun as if it is loaded
- Do not point the shotgun at anything you do not intend to shoot
- Be aware of your target and what’s behind it before firing
- As with any firearm, all normal firearm safety precautions should be taken:
What are the storage requirements for Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?
- Byrna 12 gauge ammunition should be kept in a dry area out of weather elements for longer lasting storage
How does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal shotgun ammunition compared to the current less-lethal options in the marketplace?
- Most “less-lethal” ammunition on the market is sold as a novelty and has little effect on the target. All less-lethal shotgun ammunition currently used by law enforcement has a much more limited range and limited use types.
Is the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition legal in all 50 states?
- Yes! Byrna 12 gauge rounds are legal in all 50 states, but check your local regulations before purchasing.
What is the shelf life of the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?
- If stored correctly, the Byrna 12 gauge rounds are warrantied to last 3 years.