Learn Safe Mission
To help schools promote and maintain safe and secure learning communities for students, teachers and staff by providing training, resources, and equipment assistive to the prevention, de-escalation and qualified response to an active shooter or other critical situation that may arise on a school campus.
SAFE & SECURE SCHOOLS
Safe and secure schools are a function of the physical and aesthetic surroundings and the psychosocial climate and culture of the school. These work in tandem as critical factors that influence the health of students. Components that influence the physical environment include the school building, the area surrounding it, and physical conditions such as temperature, noise, and lighting. The psychological environment includes the physical, emotional, and social conditions that affect the well-being of students and staff.
The Learn Safe Progam
The Bryna Learn Safe training provides a comprehensive review of current trends in School Safety and will assist district stakeholders in:
- Developing a better understanding of the causes and solutions for school violence.
- Texas School marshal program implementation and guidelines.
- Required school lockdown and LEO trainings.
- Utilization of Title IV part A federal school safety funds.
- Understanding adolescent development.
- Review of the School Safety and Audit Toolkit included in TEC 37.108, as developed by the TxSSC
- Explore available programs to implement approved training for the use of a bleeding control station pursuant to (TEC), §38.030, as added by House Bill (HB) 496
- Safe and appropriate use of the Bryna HD to effectively Deter, Disorient, and Disarm