Byrna supports our heroes. Military, First-Responders and Teachers receive 10% off. (*restrictions apply, discount taken at checkout)
Byrna's Essential Pistol provides users with a no-frills all business self-defense tool at the most affordable price of any of Byrna's .68 caliber launchers. The EP is 0.375 inches narrower than the Byrna SD but uses the same form factor and patented pull-pierce technology as the SD.
The EP is attractive to firearm enthusiasts that are used to handguns without an external safety. Removing the safety eliminates the number one user error - trying to fire the pistol without disengaging the safety.
BYRNA EP FEATURES:
PATENTED PULL-PIERCE TECHNOLOGY: CO2 is stored in the launcher unpunctured until the first trigger pull. On first trigger pull the CO2 is punctured and a projectile is launched simultaneously.
OUR MOST COMPACT PISTOL: The Byrna EP is 0.375 inches narrower than the Byrna SD as a result of removing the external safety. The Byrna EP is the same length and form factor as the Byrna SD.
NO EXTERNAL SAFETY: If needed, the EP is ready to be used without the need to disengage the safety.
CARRY "ON-BODY": The Byrna EP's compact frame makes it much easier to carry "on-body" keeping you armed with a less-lethal option while on the go.
WHAT'S IN THE BYRNA EP KIT?
(1) Byrna EP (Essential Pistol).
(1) 5-round Magazine
(1) 5-Count Tube of Byrna Pepper Projectiles
(1) 8g CO2 Cylinder
- The Byrna EP Launcher uses an 8 gram CO2 cylinder.
- The Byrna EP Launcher WILL NOT function with a 12g CO2 cylinder.
- Byrna does not recommend the use of Crosman brand CO2 cylinders in your launcher as they may not puncture correctly and can damage your launcher.
- The Byrna EP Launcher will fire up to 25 shots per 8 gram CO2 cylinder.
One of the most important things that sets Byrna's handheld launchers apart from the competition is Byrna's patented "pull-pierce" technology. This enables the Byrna to both pierce the CO2 and fire the projectile with the first trigger pull.
This allows your Byrna to sit for days, weeks, months or even years and always be in a "ready" state. Most other launchers pierce the CO2 canister when loaded into the launcher. Once the CO2 canister is punctured it will slowly leak out over 24-48 hours leaving the launcher inoperable.
With the Byrna EP and Byrna's patented pull-pierce technology you can leave your launcher, fully loaded, knowing that it will be ready to use when needed.
The Byrna EP Less-Lethal Self-Defense launcher has an effective range of up to 60ft.
- The only difference between the Byrna EP Less-Lethal Launcher and the Byrna SD is that the Byrna EP DOES NOT have an external safety.
- Maximum power and speed measurables are identical between the EP and the SD.
- The EP Launcher and SD Launcher bodies are the same overall size. The EP is slightly thinner than the SD Launcher because there is no external safety.